Simple and small house for a simple family. This is actually what majority of people nowadays wants and are capable of having. In fact, the higher percentage of families in the present situation belongs to low income families. The advantage of simple living is that it gives more chances to consider what we have in live. Simple needs, simple demands will equally mean less pressures and less responsibilities and maintenance of the house; which can be offered by simple house plans.
If you prefer a simple but distinct house; going into the right house plans is a necessity. With a simple plan, you have to extract your skills and creativity to come up with a perfect design; appropriate to your house size and available spaces. Since it is small, then the focus should revolve on the efficient use of space that will generate a larger space.
Simple house plans can easily be constructed because of its size. Considering the family’s budget, housing requires the highest share. In fact, with the present uncertainty in the economic situation; small home designs is a smart idea to build. You can save money by building or buying a house that is somewhat modest; while still having the necessary features you require.
Simple house plans are simple to build. In fact, because of its simplicity; designs don’t require complex layouts and even less materials to utilize. Likewise, these types of homes have open floor plans for maximizing the space. They also don’t have unnecessary walls or hallways or spaces. However, the simplicity of the plan doesn’t have the intention to jeopardize the overall style and appeal. Actually, there are lots of simple house plans that looks elegant too.
Characteristics of Simple House Plans
- With open and free flowing floor plan layout. Designs are straightforward which are often square or rectangular in shape.
- They can be contemporary, modern or traditional which offer timeless appeal.
- Openness in the layout delivers personally scaled and functional interiors.
- The simplicity of the plan have rooms serving multiple purposes.
- Designs and concepts delivers practical expressions.
- The architectural details and finishes are also simple but appealing as well.
- They possess maximized space with practical and well-organized storage.
- The main principle of simple house designs is clean look. Therefore, the space requires only a handful of furniture and accessories.
Advantages and Benefits of Simple House Plans
Larger homes may look impressive, but smaller units sometimes also look great. A smaller and simpler house brings some benefits to your family. In fact, you will realize these benefits only when you have moved and experienced living in simple house plans. Some benefits are outlined below.
- With a smaller home; it allows you to save money because the cost of building a unit is a lot lesser. Less building and maintenance costs in all aspects.
- Due to their sizes, simple house plans are easier to clean and maintain, thus, saving time and effort.
- Customization for smaller houses is easier to do. You can set-up the space and rooms exactly the way you want it. Furthermore, it requires less to decorate that will reflect your lifestyle and personality.
- Smaller plans have smaller sizes; therefore the chances that family bump each other is more frequent. Consequently, it will establish and promote a healthier bond among family members.
- These types of homes encourage simpler living. Simple life, simple needs offer you less stress and pressure. Thus, simple living is healthy and wiser.
The choice to live healthier is in our hands. The shelter will provide us the necessary security, privacy and independence. At the end of the day, it’s not the size of the house that matters most but what you fill it with; as well as how the space provides us with the happiness we truly deserve. The house won’t create your happiness, it supports it.