Are you tired of the deafening sounds of the metropolis? Or are you planning to spend some time in a quiet and pleasant surrounding? Well, take some time off from the city life. Whether you are planning to build a vacation home or a house for year-round enjoyment; cottage style house plans are good recommendations that will fit your needs well. In fact, these types of houses are advantageous because of their health benefits.
Cottage style house plans are defined as a small, quaint home for a few number of people. It could also apply to a larger family home with open and airy spaces. Cottage homes can be a beach house, countryside shelter, a mountain cottage or a farmhouse. Usually, these home plans are smaller in size although some exist in one and a half or two story building to accommodate bigger living space.
Cottage style house plans behave as more relaxed space with informal and simpler lifestyle. On the other hand, modern cottage homes have open floor plans and take advantage of using the contemporary concepts. As a matter of fact, they feature front or side porches in order to set up benches around the space. Thus, a more relaxed setting enables them to enjoy a view of the surrounding environment.
These types of dwellings although exist in different styles and vary in appearance, has one common characteristics which is coziness. Since they are mostly located in an airy and green location, then, they obviously will deliver high level of comfort. Furthermore, some cottage plans include gardens and patios for the function of offering the homeowners the privilege to enjoy outdoor life to the fullest.
Characteristics and Features of Picturesque Cottage Style House Plans
At the present time, cottage home plans are cozy which offer architectural details like breakfast nooks and dining porches to feel the benefits of the space. Most of these homes use stones, brick and wood that allow the unit to have an organic look. Meanwhile, these are the common architectural characteristics of cottage plans:
- Usually with high or steep pitched roofs, typically a combination of hip and gable types with dormers
- Smaller outlines and with irregular layouts
- Exterior building medium used are mostly bricks, stones and natural materials of various types and textures
- Possesses modest and simple interiors, as well as having a fireplace
- They customarily fit into narrow lots because of their sizes
- Cottage style house plans are visible both in rural and urban locations and settings
- They are well-crafted with refined exterior details that makes them fascinating
- Most often have outdoor spaces like porch, patio or a courtyard to establish connection with nature
- Most designs have intimate entryways and smaller windows
- They exhibit and promotes green and healthy living
Advantages and Benefits of Cottage Style House Plans
Homes exist in various types, styles as well as functions. Just like any other type of home, the cottage house plans offer a string of advantages and benefits with some of them stated below.
- More practical and extremely functional design – designed to maximize the space by open plan layout
- Affordable, low building and maintenance costs
- Easier to manage and maintain
- Offers a better street appeal with smart details and choice of building materials to use
- Compact design of these types of homes saves yard space on smaller lots
- Less money to spend in decorating to be a stylish home, thus, saving money is possible
- Easier to focus on quality over quantity when everything is available on display
- Looks fantastic when built close to the beach because the design features a cozy feeling that accumulates over time
- Cottage style house plans are versatile and maintain space for individuality
- Cottages offer coziness and help escape from today’s complexities of living
- Large porches of cottages provide effective shade, thus reduces power consumption
- The reduced volume of the house plan makes it more energy efficient and more environmental friendly
Images of Cottage Style House Plans
Cottage house designs are multi-faceted and exceptionally available in a variety of styles, functions and construction. Presently, these homes are fashioned as summer, secondary residence or vacation homes. Here are some images of the best cottages symbolizing the perfect way to establish connection with the environment.
Nothing says “home” more than a cozy-feeling space—and nothing says “cozy” more than a cottage. Known for their distinct looks, style and unique features, cottage style house plans never lose their character.
To sum up, cottage designs carefully blend the concepts of coziness and personality of the modern-day homes.