Open floor house plans refer to architectural and interior design concepts; that combine the living spaces into a single great area in order to have a more spacious room. Floor plans are important part of any house design. In fact, a house floor plan determines the functionality of a home. The main interest of an open layout is to convert the space to be perfect for comfortable entertaining and informal gatherings.
Designs with open floor house plans project a sense of a bigger space and has to be considered seriously. Home plans of this nature also offer easy access between rooms with beams and columns separating them instead of walls. Consequently, this is a perfect choice and beneficial for accessibility especially for the elders and retirees.
Actually, in today’s generation, open layouts are modern trends making up the majority of highly demanded house plans. Whether you are building a small or a large residential unit; open house floor plans will maximize space and will offer a smart flow between rooms. When you combine the living room, dining room and kitchen, you generate one great space which elevates the kitchen to be the heart of the house.
Description of Magnificent Open Floor House Plans
Contemporary-style and modern homes often feature open floor plans; but more traditional designs have graciously embraced the concept. Moving away from designs of the past, open floor house plans create spacious and informal interiors connecting the common areas. In fact, this has been popular and common element of modern homes. Additionally, since the other rooms directly connect to the great room, there is no need to have hallways.
It is no surprise that open floor house plans establish their authority as the choice of many homeowners and buyers. The rationale is that, small homes look larger and create an outstanding sightlines among the rooms. It also promotes a modern sense of relaxation in the most casual way. Although the level of openness vary, these types of designs promote a free flowing concept to the main living spaces. They also feature open dining rooms with access to outdoor living.
A framework of modern home designs, open floor house plans deliver spacious rooms which is a comfortable answer for various types of homes. They combine the spaces to create one big hall that serve lots of benefits. With open layouts, spaces are maximized and every square area is utilized wisely. The following design strategies will make the most of the available spaces around a certain house.
- Prefer and select a modern approach of design
- Customize your design using informal scheme and maintain design continuity
- Allow every area to shine by creating a unique feature
- Integrate a half dividing wall between rooms
- Keep the space open
- Apply the concept of symmetry and choose matching furnishings
- Get the corners play functional by injecting creative design
- Have an island kitchen with a snack bar
- Provide easy outdoor access from living, dining or both
Benefits and Advantages of Open Floor House Designs
Just like any house designs and styles, open floor house plans have remarkable benefits and advantages such as:
- Open floor plans create great connection between the interior and exterior spaces. It magnifies the indoor area to an outer space.
- The space becomes larger because there is no obstruction and barriers between rooms.
- Because of openness, more natural light is enjoyed by one great space; and making the room relaxed and contented.
- The functions of entertainment is more enjoyable and served well because of a wider sightline.
- An open space offers a great view of the entire room, thus, safety of the family members can be monitored closely.
- With open floor plan, family members are visible with each other and still can interact continuously, thus promoting everyday living.
- Open floor house designs can accommodate more furniture. They can serve as indirect partitions among rooms.
- Open floor layouts help to achieve modern and sophisticated look which adds an interior appeal
Images of Magnificent Open Floor House Designs
A lot of things can be used to describe the many features, characteristics and benefits of open floor house designs. The succeeding images of homes with open layouts will visibly offer you the most appropriate description of how they look like.
To sum up, if you are designing your new home or in a renovation mode, an open floor plan is a great design idea because of the above-mentioned reasons and benefits.