A Decision of Improving Your Way of Life
We share our home with the ones who mean most to us, the family. Everybody needs it for shelter, protection and privacy. At the same time, concerns on issues of quality life, comfort and sense of space are all important. Deciding for your future home is significant as you have to study various factors. There are two major aspects that influence the selection of a house: financial status of the family and cost of building the house. These common realities will not in any reason, obstruct our desire to have one. Three options naturally come to mind, when most people plan of having their home. Is it a single-family home, townhouse, or condominium? A duplex house comes as the fourth choice as solution to the vital issues. This article will tackle and provide you with the valuable concepts along with the samples of the latest duplex house models.
A duplex house is essentially building with separate entrances for two households. This can be a design with two story house or laid out side by side constructed in a single lot that share a common wall between them. Real estate business are everywhere to answer the basic needs of the country’s populace, but the costs of acquiring one is really high and mostly not affordable by most families. Apart from this fact, the cost of living nowadays is exorbitant. As a sensible suggestion, the choice to own one of the latest duplex house models is be appropriate at the height of today’s economic situation. If you are planning to buy a home, try the duplex type either to live in or take as an investment. In either case, you win. Some people owns houses as investment properties with a thought that somehow, values will appreciate later.
Features and Considerations of the Latest Duplex House Models
Multi-family designs always offer experiments when it comes to privacy, parking, and creating an overall exterior design to maintain proper scale and proportion. With this, privacy concerns involve both perceived and actual elements. The concept of duplex residences delivers a substantial agreement of privacy with respect to the common walls between units. We have to give strong attention to these aspects in selecting a duplex house design:
- first and foremost – financial capacity
- command of the heart and mind
- choosing the best location of the house
- design consideration and strategic location of major parts of the house
- number of floors – one story or two story
- intended purpose
The Benefits of Building a Duplex Unit
Families who aren’t that capable of having single family property due to cost constraints, might consider a duplex house. This model offers some advantages like identified below.
1. It can help the owner’s mortgage. From the owner’s perspective, it can be a source of income. Collections from the tenants living on the other side will help settle your mortgage.
- Duplex Houses are affordable. Duplex homes are designed for low and average income families thus, the costs are lower than other types of buildings especially if it is built in a less expensive location.
- You may offer the unit to a family member. You will be confident that the house will be given the proper care, if a family member avails the unit. Supervision on your part will be less as the occupant will take the responsibility.
- It gives you flexibility. You can leave your unit anytime and have it rented by other family
- Narrow land can accommodate duplex homes
- You can maintain your privacy. You can hold on to your privacy in as much as you want
Disadvantages of Duplex House
While there are positive rewards in having a duplex house, it cannot be ruled out that there will be disadvantages as well. Here are few of them.
- You are in the same house as your tenants. It is sometimes a headache if you are a Landlord to your tenants. Disturbances and complaints will be prevalent if you stay side by side. Anyway, you have the privilege to choose your tenants or you can set rules.
- Income on rents are not guaranteed. Time frame and selection of tenants play a critical part in this business. You have to repeat the same process over and over again, if a tenant leaves the unit.
- Repairs are the owner’s responsibility. The owner has the sole proprietorship in the maintenance of the duplex unit. And this includes cleaning and repairs the degree and frequency of which are beyond your control. The tenant’s ability to execute a good management of the unit will define the cost of all the expenses required in all maintenance activities.
In spite of the complications of living in a duplex unit, many owners prefer to live in one space and having the other side rented by somebody. Picking the deserving tenant will allow you to establish a small community with a handful of friends and neighbors.
It would be a great advantage if the occupant would share the same principles and values as this would create a good relationship among yourselves. This will lead to a more secure environment and living will be more enjoyable.
Take a glance on the series of the latest duplex house models.
If you wanna own one of the latest duplex house models, check the series offered in this article.