The Foyer in Perspective
Everybody loves the front lawns, the gardens, and the gracefully decorated porch that defines the aesthetic view of the house. There is a highly elegant house if the expression of the exterior is stylishly transmitted into the interior. In particular, the foyer matters. It is a hallway that stands as the transit zone connecting the entrance of the house to the other rooms. Similarly, this area also serves as boundary between the outside and the inside which is as important mentally and practically. Furthermore, as an essential part of the house, the foyer lends perfectly to a variety of function needs. And therefore the space and the foyer ideas should be as enticing as the other spaces.
The foyer represents as ambassador of the house and similarly sets the theme of the house’s interior design. Equally, it functions as a primary introduction to the home’s overall design scheme. But there seems to be a missing link to justify the existence of foyers. In fact, there are occasions that homeowners overlooked their importance. They are simply seen as hallways, rather than a significant part that could be enhanced with fabulous foyer design. A place that will allow the family members to properly arm themselves as they step forth at the entrance. What would exactly be observed in the interior are reflected on the foyer ideas introduced in the design and decoration. Since it sets the tone of the interior, then it has to be well-designed for functionality of the place.
How to Enhance the Impressiveness of Foyer – Tips and design inspirations
Generally speaking, there is only one chance to make the first impression. And definitely, for this impression to last, consider these suggestions by converting your foyer into an image that will create a lasting memory.
- Observe the proportion and function when designing
- Create a uniform and continuous transition from outside to inside of your home
- Pay a strong attention to the importance of the front door
- Keep the entry neat, organized and well-accessorized
- Deliver a sense of your personality, interests and tastes by proper selection of accessories to display
- Use the power of lighting to provide brightness and warmth to the foyer
- Accessorize with cozy seating options, whenever possible
- Make sure that the entry way is tidy and the space is in order
- Experiment on color and preferred accessories in order to make a happy and comfortable home.
- Observe coordination from choice to presentation
Techniques of Decorating the Foyer
Foyer decorations means a great challenge and varies from size to location to accessorizing and connection. When you decorate a small foyer, a simple homey element could be adequate. On the other hand, if you deal with a large space, this requires more concerns in terms of time, money and displays to furnish the area. In order to accomplish in a simpler way, ensure that your choices connect to your interests and lifestyle. A well-designed foyer will exhibit both visual and physical access to the living areas of the house.
How can the foyer be organized then? For homeowners who are looking to improve the look and functionality of a foyer, consider these ideas in this article. Whether it’s a simple house, mansion, cottage or any type, there are a lot of foyer ideas than can convert the space into a stylish and lively but functional area’
1. Decorate it like any other room. As the foyer sets the tone for your house, furnish it with displays with colors that leads well into the adjacent spaces.
2. Provide the area with adequate lighting. Enough illumination will allow you to see all directions. A chandelier from the ceiling is a perfect fixture.
3. Provide smart accessories. A combination of lamp and a mirror hanged over the table will make the foyer warm and friendly.
4. Accentuate with furniture. Make a statement in your foyer to display the sense of design by placing a furniture with drawers or antique console table.
5. Accessorize with wall mirrors. Mirror compliments space. It helps the area look larger and reflects light coming through the glass door.
6. Fascinate the Senses. Use a scented candle or fragrant flowers to keep the foyer smelling fresh. This creates a lasting and appealing impression of the house.
Explore the wonderful world of architecture by taking a glance on the following foyer ideas.
Modern House Foyer
Country Home Foyer
This article has featured some of the best and amazing foyer ideas that can inspire you in designing and decorating your very own foyers. The series includes simple, contemporary, colonial, modern, classic, country home and a lot more. Comparatively, each one of them has its own significant characteristics. Definitely, the choice and the decision is yours to make.
Did you find these foyer ideas interesting? Well, they will absolutely inspire you.