As most and better opportunities of employment are available in the cities, people of all walks of life flock in the suburban to find their future. Because of this, the increase in the volume of residents demand an increase in housing requirements. Furthermore, as the desire to live within the inner cities continues to soar, the likelihood to build house plans for narrow lots becomes a necessity.
Project developers have no choice but to invest into narrow lots for better investment. Consequently, families do not have much choices but to avail units even with high cost and smaller spaces. On the other hand, they find this a smart decision because of proximity to their workplace. At the same time, safety is at considerable level as well as saving time and effort.
Living in narrow houses doesn’t offer much comfort as compared to other types of houses which are built for coziness. On the contrary, small and narrow houses have their own benefits and advantages.
Rationale of House Plans for Narrow Lots
Every housing lot exist with a corresponding type of house. This article intends to offer some house plans for narrow lots to help them realize the positive points. We have to understand that small or narrow house doesn’t mean a compromise on the quality or interior finish. In fact, one benefit of slender lots is that you can maximize the space by building the structure vertically.
Narrow lot house plans pack a punch by offering plenty of living space in a small, slender property lot. Narrow and small home design is ideally suited for the present situation that there is scarcity of lots to accommodate most families. With a slender plan, it is possible to build full size homes on small lots.
With the present situation, house plans for narrow lots are therefore a necessity for today’s housing requirements. Accordingly, moving into slim homes will allow families to appreciate the other benefits of this house type.
Benefits of Narrow Lot House Plans
When considering building a home on narrow lot, it is important to know how to make the most out of the space. These are some ways to use a narrow space and your home plan to your advantage.
- Multiple stories – You can expand your home vertically by building multiple stories of usable space.
- Interesting designs – Narrow lot home invites interesting and smart designs in order to increase the living space in a small footprint home making them more functional.
- Maximization of space – Because of the size and shape, clever designing is required to utilize the available space. Narrow lot home plans also feature innovative design elements that maximize every inch of space.
- Affordability – The smaller the size, the smaller the cost of the structure. Cost of building is less because you can utilize the space a number of times without additional land costs. Therefore, they are more affordable.
- Natural light supply – You can incorporate more windows to maximize the supply of natural light and air to ventilate the building’s interior.
- Lower maintenance – The cost of maintenance is lower as there is less space to maintain and smaller area to heat and cool.
- Less landscaping maintenance – Smaller spaces require less cost in maintaining the landscape and garden.
- Maximization of storage – Narrow houses allow you to be creative and flexible in creating storage out of the available spaces around the unit.
- Environmental friendly – Less usage of resources and lower maintenance costs of house plans for narrow lots lend itself to being more environmental friendly.
- Home privileges – Narrow house units offer exactly the same privileges of the comfort of living as any other type of homes, although not in equal proportion.
Images of House Plans for Narrow Lots
Here are some house plans that practically stand in narrow lots for your reference and consideration.
With the right house plans for narrow lots, you will realize that narrow lots fairly offer a number of benefits.
To sum up, many narrow lot homes are fairly spacious, typically by utilizing space vertically instead of horizontally. If small house appeal to you, you will also encounter various small designs that work well on a narrow lot.